Some of Summer 2012

Here I am doing the same thing this year as last - hurrying up to post last summer's pictures before this summer is upon us. As I write, we're still in February and fairly fully blanketed in snow. But given that time flies, if I don't post these now, summer will be here and then .. well .. you get the point.

There's no spectacular story to relate in sharing these photos, but if I don't save them to my blog, I risk losing them entirely when our home, un-backed-up computer crashes. We tend to let that happen, so the photos are safer living in the cloud.

The first few photos are of Tom and Mickey playing games and sharing nibblies at Tanglewood. We were there to hear Bernadette Peters. It was a great concert, but far too short. I could listen to her for hours and hours.






Not far from our house, maybe a five minute drive, is York Lake.Oddly enough, we don't go there as often as we should or could, but it is always so relaxing when we do. The time out Mick and I decided to take a hike all the way around the lake in the woods. Mistake. It's a wonder we came back alive; the bugs were thick and threatening. Half way around we considered turning back, but since we were half way around, we decided to trot forward, all the while flailing our arms about us like a couple of leaping lunatics.