Happy Birthday, New Marlborough!

The village in which we live, Southfield, is one of five villages that make up the town of New Marlborough. For those who live in Kansas City, Kansas, it's kind of like Armourdale, Argentine, Rosedale, Piper, Quindaro making up KCK. Only we're not as big. This year marks the 250th anniversary of the founding of the town of New Marlborough and they have scheduled all sorts of events to take place all summer long. Just this past Saturday was Founding Day Weekend which began with a muster in each of the villages. A muster, as defined by Webster, is an act of assembly, and we were all mustered by a fife and drum and paraded down the street of the village. Anyone in the village could parade, and did. Later that day there were historical children's games and a treasure hunt, contra dances, a banquet and fireworks. Mickey wasn't feeling well because of an upper respiratory infection and inflamed asthma, so all we did was the parade, which was just fine by me. The next day I came down with what he had, luckily I don't have asthma. I don't know how he suffers through it. Today, Monday, was my usual day off and I kept Mickey home from school. I nearly killed him. He's going to school tomorrow, coughing or not. But I digress. Here's a little video of the little parade.