Gone with the Win - ter

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just been busy with life. And writing a blog is just like exercising, it's fun while you're doing it, but if you stop, it's hard to get going again. My personal trainer used to tell me that if I ever did get back to lifting weights, I would make gains faster because I had been there already. I don't know how that translates or relates to returning to writing my blog. I think it doesn't, it's just evidence that I'm tired and have stayed up too long past my bedtime. But I'm so far behind with my posts, I'll never get caught up and then I'll be posting winter's stories, photos and videos in the middle of summer. And that's never good.

So here I've posted a video of Mickey's last days of ski lessons. It's a long video because it contains videos from the last several lessons. I know. Home movies. Boring. But I'm a proud Daddy, so nothing's going to stop me. As I put this video together I was struck by how much he progressed not only from one week to the next, but from one trip down the slope to the next. I can only imagine how much more he'd progress if we were to have taken him to the slopes between lessons. Tom and I have promised him that if he wants to ski again next winter that we'll take lessons too so that we can all go skiing together. I never thought I'd hear me say that, but there you are.