Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Okay. I admit it. Fatherhood is great. And I think Mickey is the most beautiful, smartest, funniest kid around. I also think he can be the biggest pill .. to put it mildly .. but if he weren't a pill at all, the good stuff wouldn't seem as good, and it all would be rather boring, now wouldn't it? Yes it would. And yes, they grow up so fast. And so many great things are tiny little fleeting things that when you experience them you say to yourself "I have to remember this" or "I should write this down," and then you don't. Then you forget it. And then they're graduating from college and getting married and moving across the country and you never see them again, but I digress. Tonight, I am writing down one of those fleeting and, to use an overused word, precious moments. I just had to share.

Mickey's mid-year reading assessment came home and he is flying high above where he should be. Yeah! We played ball outside for a long time, and that was fun. We came inside and he let me take a nap upstairs. Thank you. Papa came home and horsed around with Mick while I fixed dinner. He ate a good dinner and then headed upstairs for bath time. All in all, it's been one of those "God's in his heaven and everything's right with the world" kind of afternoons and evenings. After I finished the dinner dishes I headed upstairs to check all my "job" websites and on my way to the computer I tip toed into Mick's room to see if he was asleep. He was. And there was music playing. And it was exactly one of those moments that made me know that life is good, and that I want to hold onto for a very long time.